Responsible Pet Owners
What Responsible Pet Owners Do
“I’m a dog lover!”, some people say, yet their actions say differently. When their pet negatively impacts other people, pets or even the environment, their dog lover message is lost. Luckily, a great number of dog lovers take a proactive and positive approach to living with pets. Here is what responsible pet owners are likely to do:
- Clean up after their dog and use ID-License tags, collars and leashes
- Treat pets as a part of their family while committing to a life-long relationship
- Train and socialize their pets to better understand their surroundings
- Provide a safe, secure, clean environment along with adequate nutrition, exercise and health care
- Control their pet’s reproduction through spaying or neutering.
- Seek out and utilize pet care professionals when questions arise or assistance is needed.
- Prepare for the unexpected by assembling a disaster or emergency kit
- Recognize when their pet’s quality of life declines and end of life care is required
Learning To Be Responsible
Responsible pet owners learn through observation, interaction, education and personal experiences. The crucial lesson to learn is that accepting responsibility directly relates to the life of their pet. The stakes are high and there are many hazards due to failed efforts. Roaming homeless dogs, animal shelter statistics, even the number and severity of dog attacks can be attributed to people’s failure to be responsible pet owners. It is now common belief that pet owners should be held liable for unjustified harm or damage done by their pets.
Fondren 5 Star Pet Resort encourages responsible pet ownership. We are committed to offer this support because it is a win-win for the animals! So the next time you meet someone smitten with puppy love but who may not understand what it means to be a responsible pet owner, send them our way. Have them call 281-835-4445 and we will happily answer their questions. Not only will their new pet receive exceptional pet care, we will get them started on the road to being the responsible pet owner their dog deserves.