5 Reasons to Book NOW!
Many factors come into play when booking a vacation and one of the most important questions is – when should I book? Lucky for you our pet care experts here at Fondren 5 Star Pet Resort have the perfect answer- as soon as possible!
Here are the top 5 reasons to book now since your vacation plans involve your pet’s plans as well. Whatever the reason, book as early as you can! Whether it’s your first time boarding your cat or dog or you’ve done it many times, having some helpful tips on preparation will make the whole process easier and more convenient for all parties. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Availability Make your plans and reservations early to ensure the space you need is available. Throughout the year there are many holidays when demands regularly outpace availability. Make sure your pet has a healthy, happy stay by booking your boarding needs as early as possible. Space is limited, on a first come – first served basis.
- Medical Considerations Proof of current vaccinations are required and vaccine updates may need to be completed. We recommend getting vaccinations at least ten days before arrival for optimum protection. If your pet is on medications, you will need to provide dosing directions along with any special instructions. Medications may need to be regulated, reassessed or refilled by your veterinarian. Early planning allows time for both expected and unforeseen circumstances.
- Diet You may choose to bring your pet’s own food or take advantage of a healthy food that is provided during the stay. Avoid overfeeding your pet prior to boarding or taking a trip. Pets often become excited when leaving home or riding in a care and can suffer from stomach upsets during or just after their arrival for lodging.
- Coping with Anxiety If your pet suffers from separation anxiety, you may consider short overnight stays or daycare play prior to the extended stay. This also holds true for pets who have never boarded before. If you suffer from separation anxiety, your pet can sense this, so your being calm and comfortable helps them feel a sense of comfort. Relax and enjoy your getaway! Remember, your pet is in good hands. They are primed to enjoy a pet resort experience and will most likely receive as much or even more attention than they normally do at home!
- No Bugs Allowed! Be sure your pet is flea and tick-free prior to pet boarding. Great care is taken to protect all accommodations and have them clean and ready for each pet guest. If signs of fleas or tick are seen on an arriving pet, pet parents are notified and a De-flea/tick procedure is given and charged. Avoid this extra charge by checking your pet before boarding plus booking an exit bath or groom on the day you pick up your pet is always recommended.
If these five reasons aren’t enough to convince you to book your vacation at Fondren 5 Star Pet Resort today, just picture yourself sitting at home this spring and summer and wishing you had. Besides, we can’t wait to welcome you, so call 281-835-4445 to book now!